It is with great regrets and terrible feelings that I am addressing to you and your team of CPDM “elites” of the North West region of Cameroon this letter. Some few weeks ago a meeting was held somewhere in Buea by some of your CPDM peers so called “elites” of the South West who arrogantly and boastfully declared that they requested that Internet Services should be shot down for all the people and businesses operating within the South and North West Regions. But what these “elites” did not say was whether or not they also requested for lawyers to be bitten and students to be raped and tortured in Buea.
The people of British Southern Cameroons are still trying to digest that very terrible “South West Elites Forum”; here you come to Bamenda, in another so called “CPDM Elites” of the North West in a meeting in Ayaba Hotel, where you also called for the formation of vigilante groups in the Region to monitor “unusual activities”. But what you failed to do was whether or not the members of this “North West elites” meeting are going to be part and parcel of the vigilante groups. Or is it just another attempt to squander public funds from the hands of President Paul Biya who will easily be led to make available to you and your group huge sums of money under the pretext of forming and running your own parallel Paramilitary organization that will end the strike? And what you also failed to say in that meeting was whether or not you CPDM senators and MPs instructed the shootings and killings of fellow young and dynamic Cameroonians in Bamenda?
No matter what your answers to the above questions may be, certain issues or points should be evidently clear:
- It is said that you cannot put new win in old bottles. God Almighty has blessed this nation with awesome human and natural resources; unfortunately, these so called “elites” have wasted and continue to waste these potentials because of greed.
- For close to 55 years, through subordination, submission and uneven partnership with the Paul Biya regime, few of you guys originally emanating from the British Southern Cameroonian culture have made enormous wealth which you cannot account for, while majority of your brothers, sons, and daughters from British Southern Cameroons are still languishing in protracted poverty and the lack of basic facilities in the middle of plenty. As Elites of North West and South West regions of Cameroon, you people have made your lives, so, allow others to make theirs and stop blackmailing them!
- It is also very evident that you all have sent your children abroad to study in the most expensive schools in the world ( which can be afforded only by billionaires), whereas majority of the children in your neighborhoods are unable to afford 50.000frs to pay their school fees to study in the State’s universities either in Buea or Bamenda. This translates the fact that you all are heartless, and greedy.
- As I earlier mentioned above, this nation and precisely the South West region which provides more than 70% of the nation’s GDP is very rich in both human and natural resources. Despite all of these blessings which you have colonized for yourselves and for your families, why do you guys still have the arrogance to block the Internet? Well, there can be no other reasons than the following:
- To carry out your continuous hypocritical and heinous acts (rapes, brutalities, killings, arbitrary arrests, corruption etc) behind the cameras of modern technological advancements.
- In order to hide the regime’s crimes against humanity over fellow Cameroonians from International Communities and from the eyes of the International Human Rights Organisations.
- To drag the nation into the continuous archaic divide and rule system.
- These actions and “elite’s forums” only goes to establish the fact that this regime has never and will never have a clear vision for development of the people.
- The intention is to create a chaotic situation where more human rights abuses, killings, rapes, and arbitrary arrest can continue within the South West and North West regions of Cameroon so that some of you can continue to squander public funds through the formation of Commissions like the failed “Ghogomu Commission”.
Note, if you will not be a member of the vigilante groups you and your CPDM “elites” are planning to form, then, count it a lost attempt towards manipulation of the same youths you have neglected and saw them being killed while you say nothing.
No matter your apologies, I urge you to note one very important thing, you and your so called “elites” are no longer in control, the people have taken back their lives and they are in control now. We are fully convinced that you all know this, but you are too scared to accept the facts which are very clear infront of you all. The times have changed, so, you all must change with the times. Remember, you cannot put new win in old bottles.
Prince Michael NGWESE EKOSSO
National President and Presidential Candidate
United Socialist Democratic Party (USDP)